Distance can seem like an insurmountable problem when you are feeling frustrated over the management of an estate or a trust. You believe that your financial interests are being hurt and yet it would be both costly and time-consuming to travel to Michigan to try to address the problem.

The good news is that you do have options and you don’t need to handle this problem on your own.

The probate attorneys at the Detroit-area law office of Galloway and Collens, PLLC, represent beneficiaries and heirs in disputes regarding guardianship, contested wills, trust litigation and other cases involving breach of fiduciary duty. Regardless of your location, we can help you bring your case in Michigan probate court.

Protecting Your Financial Interests In An Estate

Estate problems can occur before or after the death of a family member. Some of the more common estate problems we resolve through probate litigation involve:

  • A guardian or conservator misappropriating or mismanaging an elder person’s money. An adult child living in another state may understandably become concerned about his or her parents’ financial well-being. We represent family members seeking a change of guardian or conservator in probate court.
  • A vulnerable adult coerced or influenced by a nearby family member or friend to write a will or change a will to exclude legal heirs from receiving their fair share of an estate. We help beneficiaries challenge the will and bring a case against the stated beneficiary for undue influence or coercion.
  • An executor of an estate in probate handling the probate process improperly, failing to provide an accurate accounting of assets, or failing to distribute money and property promptly. We represent heirs in litigation against the executor or representative.
  • A trustee mismanages a fund or breaches his or her fiduciary duty by failing to act in the best interest of the heir, or the trustee commits fraud, misappropriates funds or fails to properly account for and distribute assets.
  • A document is brought forward in probate court and is said to be a will; we assist heirs in proving or disproving the legality of a will.

We also represent out-of-state personal representatives and trustees. If there are allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, such as misuse of estate assets , we can assist you. If you have been accused of withholding information inappropriately, or selling property at a low price to a friend or associate, call us.

You Do Not Need To Come To Michigan

Most of the time you will not need to come to Detroit in order to contest a will or litigate a probate matter. Our attorney can act as your representative in probate court. If you need assistance with any of these issues, call our office at 248-545-2500 or contact a Detroit metro estate lawyer by email.