Probate Litigation asan Out-of-State Litigant

Representing Out-of-State Probate Litigants in Michigan

Protecting Your Financial Interests inan Estate

Estate problems can occur before or after the death of a family member. Some of the more common estate problems we resolve through probate litigation involve:

  • A guardian or conservator misappropriating or mismanagingan elder person’s money. An adult child living in another state may understandably become concerned about his or her parents’ financial well-being. We represent family members seeking a change of guardian or conservator in probate court. 
  • A vulnerable adult coerced or influenced by a nearby family member or friend to write a will or change a will to exclude legal heirs from receiving their fair share of an estate. We help beneficiaries challenge the will and bring a case against the stated beneficiary for undue influence or coercion.
  • An executor of an estate in probate handling the probate process improperly,failing to provide an accurate accounting of assets, or failing to distribute money and property promptly. We represent heirs in litigation against the executor or representative. 
  • A trustee mismanages a fund or breaches his or her fiduciary dutyby failing to act in the best interest of the heir, or the trustee commits fraud, misappropriates funds or fails to properly account for and distribute assets. 
  • A document is brought forward in probate court and is said to be a will; we assist heirs in proving or disproving the legality of a will.

We also represent out-of-state personal representatives and trustees. If there are allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, such as misuse of estate assets, we can assist you. If you have been accused of withholding information inappropriately, or selling property at a low price to a friend or associate, call us.

You Do Not Need To Come To Michigan

Let Us Know Your Concern

Contact Our Metro Detroit Attorneys

Our law firm is ready to help. Contact the real estate and estate planning attorneys at Galloway and Collens, PLLC.